We are currently accepting submissions to our inaugural publication Vol 1: OYA.
Oya, The Mother of Nine, is the orisha of the Niger River.
A great warrior, she is both loved and feared by all who worship her.
She rides tornadoes and storm clouds into battle.
She is loyal, unapologetic and fiercely protective.
Seek the guidance of Oya with caution, for she deserves your utmost reverence.
We are looking for original, passionate and nuanced submissions from Black queer and/or trans women and Black non-binary folks who are of Canada that invoke the spirit of Oya.
Some topics that you might want to speak to in your submission include:
- Transitions, Transformation and Change
- Black Magick, Spirituality and Ancestral Knowings
- The Veil between Life and Death; Heaven and Earth.
- Destruction + Rebirth
- The Love and Protection of the Black Child
- Truth-seeking, Justice and Retribution
- And all else your creative heart wants to explore in Oya’s name
All submissions will be paid $25 CAD upon publication with proceeds of the zine going towards distribution, future events and organizational programming.
Submission Deadline: November 1st, 2015
Share this poster and check out Submissions for our submission guidelines and other terms and policies.