We invite emerging, established and all other creators in between to submit new, never before seen poetry, short stories, visual art and creative non-fiction to Dreams of Orisha.
In order to submit content, submitters must be:
- Of Canada (whether you are currently living here, were born here or planted roots here for a time)
- Women (trans or cis) and/or non-binary (genderqueer, gender non-conforming, bigender, neutrois, androgyne and all others who fall outside the binary).
All submissions should be emailed to us at dreamsoforisha @ queerofgender.com, Subject line: Oya Submission. Words must be attached in a .doc file. Make sure to submit a bio!
- Poetry: We will be publishing only one piece per submission; however, feel free to send us up to three pieces to choose from. Word limit 600 words.
- Short stories, creative non-fiction: Should be no more than 600 words.
- Visual art: Hi res black + white images only. Must include title of the image, the medium used and an artist statement (400 words or less)
- Have another idea? A self care recipe? A spell or prayer? Send it in anyway!
All submissions will be paid $25 CAD upon publication with proceeds of the zine going towards distribution, future events and organizational programming.
Though we accept submissions from all of the above, we are also looking to prioritize femmes, trans women and transfeminine persons, people with disabilities, Black and Indigenous mixed folks and all others living with multiple intersections of oppression.